Thursday, May 10, 2007

Why Gourmet Rasoi?

Well, this is basically for my friends who've been asking me to mail in some of their favorite recipes, so thought why not put everything up on a blog and call it "Gourmet Rasoi". Neeth's been wanting me to do this for a while too... so well now you know what's encouraged me to get this blog up and running. I've always loved cooking...people go to various extents to free themselves from stress. Cooking for me has always been an escape, an antidote to the madness of daily monotony.

Gourmet Rasoi is a place where I cud share the excitement of finding comfort in one of the most noblest of arts. Recipes I post here are not mine alone, they are variations to methods from cookbooks, a generation of formulas followed by cooks in our family & pure experimentation. I hope you enjoy trying them and remember…….cooking is like art, you don’t have to follow the instructions all the time instead you go by the taste. Be innovative, be creative…. & remember to play your favorite tunes in the background. There’s something magical about cooking with music, it not only helps you relax… it makes you happy in a way that ignites your senses & that adds up to your cuisine.. like a blend of spices to give you that perfect dum cut biryani!

And hey!! If it doesn't turn out right...dont blame me... think of another variation; try again! & yeah, do share your secret too, there's always room for improvement when it comes to cooking!

No comments: